Really, there are very few things I can think of that are better than cuddling up with my little girl while she sleeps on my chest. It makes all of the other not-so-great things disappear instantly. It's simply amazing.
While I've definitely been learning a lot these past five weeks, I think one of the most important things I've learned is to appreciate the little things. I had a relatively easy pregnancy, but with any pregnancy there are sure to be sacrifices - like, say, your entire wardrobe for instance. But over the past few weeks, I've slowly been regaining control of my body. After it's been inhabited for 9+ months, it takes some time to realize it's actually yours again. Some of the things I am loving the most right now are:
- Bending/squatting/sitting/laying/moving of any sort without a basketball belly
- Being able to wear my wedding band again
- Caffeine - morning cup of coffee, oh how I've missed you!
- Non-maternity clothes - granted, I have a long way to go to experience them all, but we're getting there
- Not going to the bathroom 563 times a day
- Being able to see the cheek bones in my face again - pregnancy fat face was certainly not a favorite of mine
- Not being short of breath after doing simple tasks such as putting away the dishes
I'm not so crazy about being able to clean the toilets again. I'm still trying to think of a reason that it's "not safe" for me to breathe in those fumes anymore, but so far no luck.