Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Pictures!

I finally got around to loading some of my pictures to our computer today, and I thought I might share a few of them with you. Plus, this is a great excuse to put off all of that unpacking that I have left to do.

First, a few new ones of the cutest Acosta - Oscar.


Posing.




This is how I found Herschel and Oscar the other day. Oscar is having a little bit of trouble adjusting to the lack of freedom he's used to. At our house in Little Rock we had a huge fenced backyard where he was free to run and play, or simply lay in the sun (which is one of his very favorite things to do). So now that he can't do that here, he acts like he needs to go to the bathroom, then after some gratuitous sniffing, he plops down in the grass and ignores your pleads and tugs to get him back inside. As you can see, during this particular occassion, Herschel didn't find it all that cute.


I may be a little bit partial, but seriously, how cute is he???

I also have a few "before" pictures of the house. However, it may have been the long drive, or the fact that it was really late, or simply that I'm not a very skilled photographer, but I apologize in advance for just how horrible these pictures are. I'll do my best to explain what you're looking at.

This is the view of the living room when you walk in the front door. The doorway you see to the left goes into the master bedroom. The windows at the back of the room are actually sliding glass doors that open up to a screened in porch. We keep them open most days. It's wonderful!


Our new kitchen and dining area. This is taken from the office, which has a pocket door leading into the kitchen.



Our glorious cabinet space!!! I'm fairly certain that light is not from our house, but in fact shining down from heaven. Oh yeah, and you can see through into the living room from the kitchen. It's kinda hard to tell from all the stuff on the counter in this picture, but trust me, you can.




Hallway off of living room leading to guest rooms and laundry room. That's right TWO guest rooms...all ready for some guests. So, let me know when you're coming.


Laundry room with more storage.

View into master bath from the master bedroom. Three closets!! And a bathroom for Herschel and bathroom for me. Mine is straight ahead with the tub. A shower connect the two bathrooms. It's strange, but wonderful!

Since these pictures are clearly horrible, that's all I'm going to post for now. I'll take more as I get more done on the house.

Also, we're going to watch a space shuttle launch tonight. Some of our new friends from church invited us to go with them. We're both really looking forward to it. I'm going to try to take some pictures of it. Hopefully they'll come out better than these. If so, I'll post them. If not, I'll spare you.

No comments:

Post a Comment