Wednesday, June 17, 2009

What's been going on

So, as it turns out I've been completely irresponsible with this whole blogging thing. I don't know if I was uninspired, busy, or just plain lazy, but it's been entirely too long since my last entry. I'm telling myself it's because I was too busy. I'll tell you what's been going on in my life and I guess you can make up your own mind.

If you can all remember way back when we first moved to Florida in March, I got a job waaay faster than I ever thought I would (as in the week we got here!). My job also involved a long commute and that, in turn, pretty much put a hault to most of our unpacking. To give a brief summary - long commute was too much and I quit that job after two months. My last day was May 15. When I first stopped working, I had lunch with Herschel fairly frequently, lunch with friends, and basically just tried to get reaquainted with the life I'd been ignoring for the past two months.

Then, I went back to Little Rock for a week to visit friends and family and see one of my friends get married. All and all a great trip. But that brings me to now. Now, is when I'm facing the boxes that have been in our house for four months. The pictures that need hanging, the files that need organizing and the chaotic mess that is our life spilling out of cardboard boxes.

I've been cleaning, cooking, laundrying...anything to not have to face the boxes again. But it's time. Herschel's parents will be here in just under a week and then some of our friends from Little Rock are taking the Acosta's spot in the inn the day they leave. We are very, very excited about our first official houseguests, but I am not looking forward to all that has to be done before they get here. It's kind of like those days when I really don't want to work out. I keep telling myself, oh, but it will feel so good after I've finished and I'll be so proud of myself. Well, I'm hoping I feel the same way when I have all of our stuff put away and neatly organized.

And I guess I'm starting to get there. Yesterday I spent the entire day on the floor in the office going through boxes. And that's probably what I will do most of the day today as well. Maybe when it's all said and done I'll actually get around to taking and posting those pictures I promised about four months ago.

However, there's already been a little bit of a payoff during this whole process. Yesterday, I found a $160 gift card to Target that was given to us as a wedding present almost two years ago!!! We thought we'd used it, but as it turns out - it's still good! Guess you know where we'll be this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment