Friday, April 10, 2009

Happy Good Friday!

I was beyond pleased to have today off of work. Especially considering that, like a lot of new employees at a new company, I don't qualify for any vacation days until I've been there for six months. I am, however, taking one day to go to my dear friend Katie's wedding in a couple of weeks. (I won't be paid for this day.) Anyway - like I was saying, sooooo excited not to have to work today.

We went to breakfast at one of my favorite places around here - Bagle Brothers - whoever comes to visit will get to experience it. Then Herschel had planned to play golf with some guys from church, so I in turn decided to treat myself to a manicure and pedicure. Best decision I've made in a while!

I also got to do some baking - which always makes me happy. And we get to enjoy the cookies I made, but they don't have to stay with us (huge plus so that we don't eat all of them!!). I'm taking them to church tonight for a movie night. We're watching the moview Passion of the Christ. I haven't seen it, but I'm so grateful for this opportunity to be able to be reminded of the true reason for Easter...and here's a hint, it has nothing to do with Cadbury, bunnies, flowers, pastels, jelly beans, baskets or new clothes. While I enjoy all of the above, it simply isn't what Easter's about.

No comments:

Post a Comment