Saturday, April 4, 2009

I love Saturdays

Last night, before we went to sleep, I told Herschel that I was truly excited to go to sleep, especially knowing that there would be no alarm to wake me up in the morning. And I meant it. In fact, excitement really didn't begin to cover it. It was probably more like ecstatic. But, don't worry, it didn't keep me from quickly drifting off to sleep.

The past week has been non-stop, which in turn has translated into no sleep. Between working a little bit later, which means getting home even later than usual, trying to have a social life and just general house and life upkeep, there hasn't been a lot of room left for sleeping. And last night, as I cross the finished line of the work week, I was exhausted.

It was so nice waking up on my own - no alarm blaring, no Herschel telling me that I have to get up and no Oscar pouncing on my chest. Just me.

So far, we've had a lazy morning. Coffee and donuts. Playing with Oscar. Breeze blowing in from the back patio. And, for some annoying reason, I can't help but feeling like we have to be doing something. Every time I let myself slip into enjoyment of the moment, I just as quickly find my mind racing, thinking "what do we need to be doing?" Can't we be doing something more productive. Of course we could! But, sometimes these lazy days are just as important as accomplishing your whole to-do list.

Our little family needs today. Everything else will get taken care of eventually. Sometimes you just need to take care of yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment