Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Looks like I spoke a little too soon

Oops! So, my previous post was basically a love letter to my new toothpaste, which I thought was going to see me through my pregnancy. Well, here's some funny news. Turns out, I'm allergic to it. Yep. After brushing my teeth the other morning, I looked in the mirror and realized I looked like either a clown, or a child who had tried to put on bright red lipstick. I had a red ring all the way around my lips. Thankfully, it faded.

Being hard-headed, I tried the toothpaste again that night. I had just told Herschel about what had happened that morning and that I was going to give it one last try. And sure enough, red ring around my lips - particularly in the corners of my mouth.

So I get in bed, and say, "See, I can't keep using this, I look like a clown." Herschel looks up and immediately says, "Oh geez, yeah, you can't use that anymore!" After realizing he'd been rather harsh, he tried to soften his reply by saying, "You don't look like a clown...you look like the Joker!" Sorry, ladies. He's all mine. Such an encourager. So, now it's back to the toothpaste drawing boards for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment