Sunday, September 27, 2009

Slowly, but Surely

Despite having moved to Florida almost seven months ago, we are still getting settled in to our house here. I definitely don't have a "decorator's eye," so this sort of thing doesn't really come easily to me, but I'm trying my hardest. Which is why when we were at TJ Maxx a few weeks ago, and I saw this set of pictures that I really liked (on sale, nonetheless!), I decided I'd give them a try. I'd been looking for a couple of pictures to put above the tub in my bathroom. There is this huge blank wall above the tube, and I wanted to add some color in there.

On a side note, after we left TJ Maxx we were on our way to meet up with some friends, and upon showing them the pictures, I was met with great approval. I also received the comment, "Oh, those totally look like you!" which I was assured was a compliment...but given my lack of decorating abilities, I'm not so sure.

Pretty much ever since we bought the pictures, we've been traveling nonstop, so this was the first real opportunity we had to finally hang them. So, I had to take a couple of pictures and share them with you. I think I'm pretty happy with the way they turned out. I need some more stuff in there - and in other parts of the house, too - but, we're getting there! So, seriously, we need some more visitors! Just remember, it's getting ready to get cold where you are, but not here on the Treasure Coast. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment