Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Confession

So, I'm a self-proclaimed celebrity gossip junky. I've never denied that. I mean, it IS number one in my "Interests" on my Facebook profile, if that tells you anything. And that stuff never lies.

But lately (basically ever since I took over the household budget), I've been making a conscious effort to cut back on my addiction. I used to love few things more than tearing through the newest InTouch, People, Us Weekly, etc. It really didn't matter as long as the results were there. However, since I've become the budget master (also self-proclaimed), I've been trying to save us some money. And I take my job very seriously. This has involved some sacrifices and self-restraint. Two things that aren't necessarily my strongest selling points.

So, I've drastically cut back on my trash mag purchases. Like, to none. At all. Unless I'm on a plane, because they just don't count then, and I'm mean, what else are you going to do when you're trapped on a plane for hours on end. Don't judge me. Anyway, I've recently discovered a new way to get my fix, and that is where my confession comes in.

Now, when I'm at the grocery store and I'm not in a huge hurry, I'll pick a line with just a few more customers or maybe a line with just one person whose basket is slightly more full than the person in the aisle over, and I'll get behind them. You see, this usually allows me just enough time to browse my favorite pubs without actually having to purchase them. In fact, the other day, I found myself disappointed when I actually had to go up to a register with no other people in line. But I had already made eye contact with the checker, so there was really no turning back.

I know, I know. You're thinking I have too much time on my hands, and maybe I do. But at least I'm not spending money! However, you better believe I'll be loading up on the goods before we take off to head to Little Rock tomorrow!

That's right, we're headed to the Rock this weekend for another wedding. Should be lots of fun! I'll post some pictures when we get back. Hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment