Wednesday, April 14, 2010

How Should I Put This...

First things, first - we're having a GIRL!!!

We couldn't be more excited! Herschel has wanted a little girl for forever, and with two grandsons already, his family is ready for a granddaughter/niece.

But here's where is gets a little weird...while I was having the ultrasound done today, the technician asked me how sure I was of my dates. I told her that I was pretty certain. And she responded, "Well, hmm, because you're way off." Let me tell ya, that's not exactly what I was expecting to hear.

As it turns out, based on the measurements they took today, it looks like I'm only 16 weeks pregnant - not 19. Yep, that's almost an entire month off. But, fortunately, everything looked good and healthy on the ultrasound. We will, however, be having another ultrasound done in three weeks, when I should actually be 19 weeks....not 16, like I apparently am now.

So that puts my new due date at September 29 instead of September 8. I told Herschel that I felt like I got tackled when I was almost halfway there and got pushed back a month. But it really doesn't matter to me, just as long as we have a healthy, happy baby. We are so blessed and we absolutely can not wait to meet our new little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment