Thursday, April 22, 2010

Looks Like Someone's Getting a Little Spoiled...

We were able to spend last weekend up in Orlando at Disney World, and we had such a great time! It was a wonderful - and much-needed - getaway. On Saturday, we spent the day with Herschel's college roommate and his family. It was so much fun to see Disney through his kids' eyes. It definitely made me very anxious to be able to take our baby girl there one day.

On a side note, the 4 year old son of Herschel's college roommate had the best line of the weekend. After questioning me about being pregnant, I told him that the baby was still in my belly. Immediately upon hearing this, his eyes got huge and concern spread over his face as he sternly told me, "You need to get married!" Ha! I love it! He's adorable!! Once I cleared up my marital status, we covered what hospital I would be going to and when. He was very concerned that I get this baby out of my belly in a timely and efficient manner.

Then on Sunday, another couple who went to college with Herschel was in town, and we were able to spend the afternoon with them. Apparently it was Texas A&M reunion weekend at Disney. So sorry for all those Aggies who didn't know. Maybe next year.

We spent Saturday at the Magic Kingdom and Sunday eating our way through Epcot. We have two more days left on our passes, and we are already plotting our return.

We bought nothing (besides a lot of very unhealthy food) for ourselves, and only gave in to one thing for baby girl Acosta. But over the past few weeks and months, she's already becoming quite spoiled. The one item we bought was our first "Baby's First Christmas" ornament. I just couldn't resist all of the cute pinkness and baby Minnie on top.
But lucky for us, we haven't had to do much spoiling of our own. We are fortunate to have friends and family to do that for us. Herschel's friends brought us a whole goody bag full of Disney-themed gifts that would make any baby girl smile. And my mom surprised me by ordering a really cute diaper bag that I'd had my eye on. It just arrived today, and I'm in love with it! Here are just a few pictures of some of our baby girl's loot.


Front of a onesie from Herschel's friends, along with a little rattle.


Back of the onesie - I just love this little bow!





Photo album

Diaper bag!








1 comment:

  1. YAY! I can't wait until you get my gift! And, I LOVE that bag!

    ReplyDelete