Wednesday, April 7, 2010

It's Happening

So...as far as I'm concerned, I officially became pregnant last Friday. I'm serious. I had gone from numerous people questioning my due date/how far along I was (including the med student who helped out at my doctor's appointment on Thursday!), to waking up with a baby bump. I was so stunned, I just laid there and yelled for Herschel to come back into the bedroom.

He was amazed, too. But maybe for a slightly different reason. See, the past month or so, I've only been feeling pressure or flutters or anything really on the right side of my abdomen. I asked the doctor about it, and she said it was totally normal. And I had even been told that babies typically pick a side and favor that side throughout the majority of the pregnancy, or until they begin to run out of space. So, what we saw on Friday morning was indeed a baby bump, but it was a completely lopsided bump. It basically looked like somebody had stuffed a Nerf football into the right side of my stomach.

I thought it was pretty funny. I figured that was why I had only been feeling anything on that side; and sure enough, after some good, old-fashioned Googling, any questions I might've had were answered. From what I could tell, it's fairly typical. But I still find it kind of hilarious to lay on my back and see the right side of my belly sticking out about an inch farther than my left side.

But since Friday, I've had to find new and longer shirts, and yesterday, I was actually told that I finally looked pregnant. I'll consider that a compliment. :) It may not be a huge belly, but I'm glad to have more proof of a human residing in there.

And speaking of proof, we have our ultrasound exactly ONE WEEK from today!! So, hopefully I will be writing next week to tell all of you whether we're having a boy or a girl! We absolutely can not wait to find out! The time is flying by and we are getting more and more excited everyday. We're both so ready to make this new change in our lives more of a reality. And seeing more proof of it over the past few days has only made Herschel and I more anxious to meet this little one. He or she is already so loved!

And on a side note - thank you to everyone for your advice, support and encouragement, after my mini-meltdown during my last post. It's still overwhelming, just because it's going to be, but I am feeling better. I think I might just make it through after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment