Tuesday, October 13, 2009

We're baaack!

Weekend before last, we were in Little Rock for one of my friend's wedding. As usual, our time there was too short, and we didn't get to see half the people we wanted to see or do half the things we wanted to do. I don't know how I always seem to convince myself that "this time" it will be different. It never is.

But we did have a great time, and I got to see several of my best friends from high school. We have been close friends for a very long time, and the distance between each of us now makes that even more remarkable. Of course, email, Facebook, and blogs don't hurt, but it is definitely easier to fall out of touch with someone when you don't actually see them on a regular basis. I am so thankful that I have these relationships in my life, and I hope I continue to for a very long time.

One moment from the weekend when this sort of hit home with me was during the rehearsal dinner. As we sat around talking, we started telling stories from high school. And naturally, we started laughing uncontrollably, until one or more of us broke out into a gasping for air coughing spree, which only made us laugh more. But what was so great about this whole situation, was that we didn't actually even have to use full sentences to tell the stories, we only had to say a word or a name or a quote here or there, and it would send us all into uproarious laughter once again. To the point where we were actually being shhh'd by other people at the dinner. I mean, really? Sorry, you're not having fun. But anyway, I digress.

I'm thankful for these people and these memories. I love these friends dearly, and I know that they are part of the reason I am the way I am today - for better or worse. Enjoy some pictures from the weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment